CAT WEEK! It’s getting off to a kind of late start. Let’s blame Presidents’ Day and move on…
What on earth is CAT WEEK?
Cat Week is 8 crazy days of Ephemera and The Elevated Envelope celebrating and advocating for cats.
Haha, I know. Random, right? It only seems random right now. Stay with me! Especially if you’re a dog person – there’s some stuff in here for you too – I promise! Or maybe you don’t even like animals at all. Well, I bet you know and love a few who do… And if they’re anything like you (you who are reading this blog about mail art and letterpress and fun stuff like that), THEY may be way into what’s coming.
Why are we doing this?
Because I care very much about cats and animals in general.
I volunteer my time with Purrfect Pals, a local no-kill cat shelter and sanctuary, but I want to do more for them. I want to give them CA$H MONEY. I came up with what I think is a brilliant way of fund raising for them, and you can help (while getting fab stuff in return).
It’s ever so slightly complicated, so here come bullet points:
- You pre-order a $25 Seasonal Stationery Subscription from Ephemera. You can choose spring, summer, fall, winter, or all 4.
- When spring, summer, fall, or winter arrive, so does $25 worth of quirky, original, animal-themed letterpress stationery (right to your mailbox).
- But you know me… I’m really into mail art and the elevating of envelopes! So the envelope your items arrive in will be just as artful and surprising as its contents…
- The best part is that I will then turn around and donate 50% of the profit from each season to a different animal welfare-related charity each season!
- My goal is to raise and donate $4000 throughout 2013 ($1000 for each of the following Western Washington organizations):
- The charity involved will give you a hint as to each season’s envelope design and contents, but that will be the only hint…
- Seriously… No peeking! Nunya beeswax! But I know you want to know what you’ll get for $25. How about this? Letterpress cards usually retail for about $4 each, so you can assume no fewer than 6 hand-printed, unique, limited edition cards will be sent each season.
As you can see, this is a win-win-WIN situation:
- You get awesome stationery with the added element of surprise.
- The four charities get CA$H.
- And I get to make whatever on earth I want for you (selfish!).
The Spring edition (benefiting Purrfect Pals) is shipping out right around March 14. Due to the handmade nature and labor-intensity of the project, subscriptions are very limited. And you should know I am already about 25% of my way to my goal (awesome!). I am hoping that the fun of CAT WEEK will put us over the edge.
So what do you think?
Will you buy a subscription for yourself? For a friend? Did you do so already? What are you hoping will come? Will you share this link where you can? Will you help me do this?!!
I hope so… thank mew!
–Tara and her feline friends