As 2012 winds down, I am going to take a little time off to visit people back home in Texas and do some regrouping. I’ll be back in 2013, refreshed (hopefully). Here’s a little bit of what you can look forward to (and where to find it)
Elevated Envelopes – There’s no shortage in my mail bag, that’s for sure. I’ll keep sharing my favorites from you (and I’m going to do more making of my own, too). I like this elevated envelope thing!
My Letterpress Work – Umm… I haven’t shared any of my recent stuff here on the blog… In like a year. Oops. In January, I’ll get back to posting occasional projects of note. And I’ll be updating the web site gallery in January. But yes, I am still here, printin’ stuff, and interested in working with anyone interesting. If you want to have some fun with wedding invitations, personal stationery – even tattoo calligraphy commissions or business stationery – please do get in touch.
Tutorials & Printable Projects – I am so very inspired by all of you, and all the great ideas you’ve mailed me in envelope form. I would never have thought to do many of the things you’ve done. SO. In 2013, I’m going to start writing up tutorials on my favorite techniques (probably with help and info from some of you?!), and emailing them out (for free!) throughout 2013. First up? Valentines… These DIY projects will be exclusively for my email subscribers, so if you don’t want to miss any, sign up now.
Adventurousness - I think if I had to pick one word for 2013, this would be it. I’m going to try some new stuff and ignore my creeping anxiety – even if my ideas seem crazy or are a bit complicated like my latest one: the Surprise Stationery Subscription. I think the it’s a little bit brilliant. It’s also:
- an Elevated Envelope
- a Present
- a Surprise
- Awesome Stationery
- a Charitable Contribution
- and 100% about kindness to animals.
- lofty! I have kind of a huge goal I want to meet. Can we get 100 participants each season? Eek!
If you are an animal lover – if you love a cat, dog, pig, horse – any animal – and enjoy my stationery/envelope designs, and receiving mysteries in the mail, I think you might dig it a lot. We’re going to have some wacky mail art / letterpress fun in 2013, while giving cold, hard cash to some deserving shelters. Check it out.
Free Letterpress Swag!
- Monthly Prize Envelopes: You may remember that each month, I picked a random winner from my email subscribers, and mailed them a very personalized elevated envelope with prizes inside. I still love this idea, but it’s just become too involved. (In fact, I have a small backlog of these on my to-do list for Texas!). In 2013, I’m simplifying. From now on, someone will win a $25 gift certificate to use in the online shop. Sweet! If you’d like a chance, subscribe to the emails here.
- 2012 Elevated Envelope Grand Prize: I’ve got a short list of people to invite over to help me pick a winner and some honorable mentions for all the fantabulous envelope submissions we’ve had over the last year. Last time, Theresa Banman won a pretty great little prize (you can see it here, and even order a version of it for yourself here). Maybe this time it’ll be you… What will I make for you if it is? We’ll find out soon!
Pick your social media poison – Did you know Ephemera is everywhere?
- Email Subscription – clever tutorials – helpful tips & tricks – fun finds – new Ephemera products & sales – monthly prizes
- Pinterest - letterpress project brainstorming – collaborative project boards – envelope inspiration and ideas – a catalog of the best envelopes sent to me (coming in 2013 – not up yet!)
- Facebook - kind of a a miniature blog – behind the scenes – interesting links – chattin’ with you
- Instagram - a visual slice of Ephemera life – behind the scenes – printing and making – some cats and food (let’s be honest)
- Twitter - interesting links – chattin’ with you – networky (I just made up that word)
So what do you think? Excited? I really appreciate all you great readers, and value your opinions, so leave a comment to let me know if you have a suggestion, or just to tell me what you’re looking forward to in 2013 yourself. I hope you have a dreamy December. See you on the flip side!